It’s that time of year! Leaves are turning, and the ice goes in at the Port Perry Curling Club ("PPCC") in a matter of weeks! Registration for the 2017/18 season is underway, and continues until just before the first league rocks are thrown in October. All registration is available online, so if you're familiar with the process, please proceed to the Registration page. If you generally detest or do not have easy access to the Internet, helpful PPCC members will be available at our Open House/Registration Nights to guide you through it.
All adult leagues are scheduled to start the week immediately following Thanksgiving weekend, and Little Rocks and Bantams begin the week of October 16th.
We have a great season lined up for the membership, with the "lead" events being two Registration/Open House nights for returning and new members to register, meet with members of the Board and their league reps, shop for needed equipment at the Last Rock Curling shop, and reconnect with friends or introduce themselves to new members over a beverage (the bar is open!):
- Monday, September 18th, 7 pm to 9pm, and
- Tuesday, September 19th, 7 pm to 9pm
Ice arrives on or around September 24th, followed immediately by our Learn to Curl sessions:
- Tuesday, September 26th, 7 pm to 9pm,
- Thursday, September 28th, 7 pm to 9pm,
- Monday, October 2nd, 7 pm to 9pm, and
- Wednesday, October 4th, 7 pm to 9pm.
These Learn-to-Curls are great for friends, co-workers, and family who you may know who have never curled, so please don’t hesitate to invite anyone you know! And… best of all, it’s FREE!
New this Season: There's a great new program for returning and new members alike this season, with our Skills Development Program on Sunday afternoons for 7 (not consecutive) weeks starting October 1st. This fun, non-competitive jitney program is great for mixing existing members looking to practice and hone their skills, and new novice curlers looking to get comfortable throwing rocks. An Instructor will be on the ice each session to offer tips and advice to anyone seeking such.
Registration for both the Learn-to-Curl and Skills Development Program are available on PPCC website under Club Events
- “It’s for the children!” We are looking hard to find a new Little Rocks Coordinator for the upcoming season.
- Our Little Rocks program runs Tuesdays at 4 pm starting October 17th through to March 2018. The Coordinator will lead and teach weekly sessions with as many energetic 7-12 year olds as we can find! Any members looking to give back to the PPCC and fill this very fulfilling role should contact Clive Powell via email or phone.